Tags3d design 3d modeling akn_include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design data management design digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM 360 Revit scanning simulation software Subscription Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Ready to Take the Next Step?
April 3, 2014
Autodesk® is becoming well known for the simulation, validation, and analysis tools in its simulation tools portfolio. Focused on data driven design, to help businesses reduce waste, testing, and number of physical prototypes, Autodesk improves upon the tools each year to give you more data early in the design process to make decisions in the design phase and not the build phase.
Three tools we want to focus on today are Autodesk® Simulation CFD, Autodesk® Simulation Mechancial, and Autodesk® Moldflow.
Autodesk Simulation CFD 2015
- Autodesk Simulation CFD enables designers and engineers to validate and optimize designs before manufacturing—increasing efficiency, minimizing reliance on physical prototypes, reducing costs, and decreasing errors.
- Simulate critical components and systems within machinery, hydraulics, pneumatics, ovens, and other engineering equipment. Simulate flow startup, capture transient pressure fluid flow development, and simulate the mixing of two similar fluids by using a scalar mixing condition.
- Ensure components operate below temperature limits. Simulate their heat-dissipation, and assess the thermal effects of solar heating and radiation.
- Includes a range of CFD modeling and thermal modeling tools for architectural and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) applications. Model radiant heat transfer and occupant comfort; better predict contaminant dispersion and smoke migration in and around buildings. Study the long-term effects of diurnal heating.
- Simulation CFD provides a flexible, intuitive environment for setting up fluid flow and thermal design studies. The Design Study Environment allows you to automate the creation of design studies, compare critical values, and review results across multiple designs.
- Part of the Autodesk® solution for Digital Prototyping, Autodesk Simulation CFD helps designers capture ideas digitally and then share those designs with the engineering team using a common file format. As a result, team members can study a product’s real-world environment through engineering simulation of the digital prototype.
Check out this new video that explains more how Simulation CFD helps you predict the performance of your product.
Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015
New and updated features for Simulation Mechanical include:
- Asynchronous workflows – schedule and solve several simulations instantly
- Nonlinear contact smoothing
- Map both thermal and pressure results from CFD to Mechanical more easily
- Interoperability with RecurDyn
- Usability Improvement – better meshing for better results, linear dynamics, increased CAD support, spellchecker in the html reports
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2015
Autodesk® Simulation Moldflow® software provides fast, accurate, and flexible plastic injection molding simulation tools to help CAE analysts, designers, and engineers validate and optimize plastic parts, injection molds, and the injection molding process. With access to over 9,200 grades of commercial plastics and accurate material data, manufacturers can evaluate various material options. Autodesk Simulation Moldflow supports direct data exchange with most CAD software tools. Moldflow’s calculated structural properties can improve the accuracy of structural analysis products including Autodesk® Simulation Mechanical. Companies worldwide use Autodesk Simulation Moldflow to make great products by reducing the need for costly physical prototypes, avoiding potential manufacturing defects, and getting innovative products to market faster.
With Simulation Moldflow you can:
- Validate and optimize plastic part and mold designs before manufacturing—increasing efficiency, minimizing reliance on physical prototypes, reducing costs, and improving product quality.
- Optimize the position of the gates and runner designs to optimize product quality and minimize costs.
- Evaluate plastic part and injection mold designs to help control shrinkage and warpage based on grade-specific materials and processing parameters. You can output accurately compensated models for tooling or further geometry modification.
- Calculate the effect of fiber orientation, in fiber re-enforced plastics, on product shrinkage and warpage and make these effects available to structural analysis products to evaluate the performance of the molded part.
- Optimize the layout of the cooling system and evaluate the impact of different mold materials to improve product quality and reduce the cycle time. Moldflow Insight supports state of the art cooling technologies, including rapid-temperature cycling and conformal cooling technologies.
- Optimize the injection molding process with Simulation Moldflow® Insight’s Design of Experiments (DOE) capabilities.
- Use Moldflow Insight to simulate the standard thermoplastic and thermoset molding processes, as well as many variations (e.g. two-shot overmolding, injection compression molding, compression molding, bi-injection molding, etc.)
- Simulate with confidence using precise material data on more than 9,000 grade-specific plastics. Get additional materials tested, expert data-fitting services, and extensive material databases with the Simulation Moldflow Plastics Labs.
Watch the Autodesk ‘What’s New in Simulation Moldflow 2015‘ video for more information on the new features.
Autodesk Subscription Value
Autodesk is increasing the value of the Subscription by offering three types of offerings: Desktop Subscription, Maintenance Subscription, and Cloud Services Subscription. Read more about the changes in Autodesk Subscription in our post, “What’s New in Autodesk Subscription 2015?”
Have questions about the new features? Contact us by phone (800.836.5440) or email.
Contact us, visit the Synergis website or subscribe to our blog.