Tags3d design 3d modeling akn_include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design data management design digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM 360 Revit scanning simulation software Subscription Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Ready to Take the Next Step?
October 14, 2014
In Navisworks 2015 you can create an efficient 3-D takeoff using Navisworks 3-D Quantification Tools. With efficient 3-D takeoff you can make material costing faster, easier, and more accurate by using the BIM model to create your takeoff.
See how Cadnetics, a full CAD/BIM Services firm, is using Navisworks in the Building Design Suite to accurately predict and plan budgets and construction schedules. Here’s James Mauler, President of Cadnetics, discussing the benefits of the Autodesk tools in the Building Design Suite including Navisworks Manage.
Here are some tips:
- Select a category by name from the selection tree, right-click, select quantification and takeoff the selection.
- See each individual object in the quantification notebook with its Item Calculations and any Maps Rules.
- Drag and drop a parent group or an entire Selection Tree onto an Item in the workbook for an instant takeoff.
- Add comments to annotate your objects.
- Create an efficient 3-D takeoff quicker.
To see more, here’s a quick video to show you how to quickly quantify takeoff:
Have questions on how Navisworks can help you keep costs down and effectively predict costs? Contact us or ask an expert.