Tags3d design 3d modeling akn-include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design Construction data management digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM PLM 360 product design Revit simulation software Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Ready to Take the Next Step?
September 27, 2021
Improve design productivity, interoperability, and documentation efficiency with updates to Autodesk Revit 2022
The release of Revit 2022.1 delivers more capabilities and useful features to give you a big productivity boost. It’s now easier than ever to document your BIM workflows, connect across products and project phases, and clarify design intent with greater accuracy.
Here are a few of our favorite new features!
In the project browser, right-click any sheet and select “duplicate sheet” in the context menu. You have three options:
- Duplicate a sheet as a new empty sheet using the same title block
- Duplicate a sheet and any detail elements on the sheet like legends, schedules, keyplans, and sheet-specific linework
- Duplicate a sheet with views
With duplicate sheets, project documentation gets easier and faster!
Generative Design Enhancements and Updates
Revit 2022.1 installs the latest release of Generative Design in Revit, featuring a new set of powerful enhancements:
- Export outcomes – share study results in other applications by exporting data in the CSV file format
- Outcome thumbnails – navigate faster through generated outcomes with thumbnail images
- File path input nodes – load custom files as inputs
- Display input updates in real time – Updates to Dynamo graphs will now be displayed instantly under the Create Study dialog, expediting your design process
With Generative Design updates, you can make faster and more informed design decisions!
Additional File Format Support
You can now connect BIM workflows to CAM and 3D printing with STL and OBJ file format support:
- Import stereolithography (STL) models directly into Revit, making it easier to connect your documentation with computer-aided manufacturing and 3D printing workflows
- Import OBJ files, a simple and open format that preserves both color and texture information and is the preferred file format for precise, multi-color 3D printing
Additional file format support expands your BIM model with a roader set of CAD formats!
New Snapping Method
In Revit 2022.1 you can use snaps to select a midpoint between two selected points:
- Temporary snap override is available when placing a component, during sketching, and while using Modify tools
- Feature accessible using keyboard shortcuts
- Temporary snap override is available to help you easily relocate your elements to the desired position
This new snapping method improves Revit’s ease of use and your overall productivity during modeling and sketching operations!
For more tips and tricks, see What’s New In Revit 2022.1 (Part 2)
Want to learn more? Check out our different Revit training options, like Revit Architecture Essentials, Revit Structure Essentials, and Revit MEP Essentials! CLICK HERE to learn more about our Autodesk Certified Software Training and register for a Revit class today!