Tags3d design 3d modeling akn-include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design Construction data management digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM PLM 360 product design Revit simulation software Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Sorry. No data so far.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
March 8, 2021
Autodesk Vault Data Management software allows you to manage your engineering data in one central location and integrates with more than 30 Autodesk design applications. It provides powerful revisioning and access control capabilities and enables you to share product data to minimize manufacturing errors.
And now, with the Autodesk Vault mobile app, all of your design data and information is literally available at your fingertips – away from your computer, in meetings with your clients, on a jobsite or the manufacturing floor, your design data is with you, so you can stay up to date on your projects and collaborate with your team anytime, anywhere.
So what can you do in the Autodesk Vault mobile app?
- Access, view and review CAD and non-CAD data, item BOM, and change orders
- Perform QR, barcode, and simple and extended data searches
- Create and edit saved searches
- Check out and check in non-cad files, like PDFs
- Review and approve documents
- View 2D and 3D files
- Send files or links to files via e mail
- Access insights into recent activity
When should you use the mobile app?
- At a customer site – Feel confident and prepared at your meetings with the most up to date information, and add files from your mobile device, such as meeting minutes and photographs
- On the shop floor – User QR bar codes to locate relevant data in Vault, and give colleagues access to your updates in Vault before you even return to your desk
- In the field – Reduce the need to print off paper documents before heading to the field, and participate in or create engineering change orders
What Vault edition does the mobile app connect with?
The Autodesk Vault mobile app connects to Vault Professional servers, requiring a 2020 or 2021 Vault Professional or Vault Office subscription,
What devices does the Vault mobile app work with?
The Vault mobile app works with Android version 8 and higher, and iOS version 12 and higher.
Will the Vault mobile app only be available via the Apple App Store and Google Play Store?
Yes, currently the Vault mobile app is only available through the app stores.
When viewing files, such as step, pdf, or ipt, is the file uploaded to the Autodesk Cloud before it is viewed?
If the file needs to be translated, it will be uploaded to the cloud. Files like PDF or MS Office documents are opened locally.
Which server will this access in a fully replicated environment?
In mobile application settings, the user inputs the server they are trying to connect to.