Tags3d design 3d modeling akn-include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design Construction data management digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM PLM 360 product design Revit simulation software Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Ready to Take the Next Step?
October 24, 2014
Autodesk® Fabrication CADmep™ 2015 software* supports the detailing, fabrication, and installation workflows of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) contractors by providing tools that extend design-intent to create more accurate, intelligent, constructable models of building services systems.
With CADmep you can:
Support the extension of design-intent to detailing:
- Help drive the benefits of Building Information Modeling (BIM) downstream through the use of tools that extend design-intent models from Autodesk®Revit® 2015 software** and Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2015 software into Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2015 software to create more constructable, real-world models.
- More seamlessly create constructable, real-world models in Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2015 software using tools that extend and translate designs from Autodesk AutoCAD® MEP 2015 software.
- Work on design-intent underlays (DWG™, DWF™, PDF, etc.) to more quickly develop MEP designs through to fully constructable models using design line drawing technology.
Connect detailing to fabrication:
- Benefit from the use of real-world, manufacturer-specific content libraries to create more accurate constructable models that are ready for fabrication and installation.
- Detail and fabricate based on user-defined project specifications, minimizing time spent on data modification and promoting overall efficiency.
- Drive increased fabrication efficiency through the production of spool sheets/drawings to support the prefabrication and modularization of MEP systems.
More seamlessly integrate:
- Share models with Autodesk® Fabrication ESTmep™ 2015 software to produce more accurate estimates and cost analysis (based on material, wastage, labor, fabrication, installation, and other costs), value engineering, and variation-tracking documentation to help monitor bottom-line projections throughout detailing, fabrication, and installation.
- More seamlessly collaborate and help reduce data loss during the ductwork manufacturing process by delivering details that help drive component manufacturing directly within Autodesk® Fabrication CAMduct™ 2015 software.
- Support more intelligent installation processes by integrating with Autodesk® Point Layout 2015 software, Autodesk® BIM 360™ Glue® software, and Autodesk® BIM 360™ Field software.
See how Southland Industries uses Autodesk Fabrication including CADmep to collaborate on innovative products to decrease design time and construction in this short video:
Have questions about Autodesk Fabrication tools? Contact us or ask an expert.