Tags3d design 3d modeling akn-include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design Construction data management digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM PLM 360 product design Revit simulation software Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Sorry. No data so far.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
May 5, 2014
Posted for Helpdesk Customers on May 5, 2014 by Mark Lancaster, Product Support Specialist:
With the release of the Autodesk 2015 product line, many of you are now accessing your subscription center (or the Autodesk Virtual Agent) and downloading your software for installations (and/or deployments). For those individuals that have already done this or in the planning phase of doing so, please make sure to do the following if you have a network license:
1. Prior to your installation or the creation of your deployment:
- Retrieve your Autodesk License Manager server name and its MAC (physical) address.
- Request a new network license file through your Synergis Account Manager or contact Autodesk directly:
- Synergis Contract Manager: 800-836-5440
- Autodesk: Email Autodesk at https://registeronce.autodesk.comor contact by phone: (800) 551-1490
- Make sure to include your server name and MAC address as part of your request
- Update your Autodesk License Manager to the latest version (v188.8.131.52) http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-version-of-the-Autodesk-Network-License-Manager.html. In the past this was a recommendation, however with the release of the 2015 product and any future releases, updating your license manager is now mandatory.
2. When requested to enter your product information for the installation, please make sure to select “Network” as the license type and enter the product’s serial number/key you were provided with.
3. Once you receive your new license, apply the license to your Autodesk License Manager.
- It is recommended that you maintain your existing license until you confirm the new one is performing correctly.
Hope this checklist helps you stay ahead and provides you with a smooth transition into the new release. Any questions regarding this article please contact us.
Any questions regarding this information, please feel free to contact us.
Mark Lancaster is the newest member to our Synergis technical team, having just joined us back in August. His most previous experience is as the CAD Design Manager of Pall Corporation, one of our long time customers. In that position, he was responsible for workstation optimization and design management, established uniform standards for the local and global offices, and developed global systems to control and manage their design data.
Have a question for Mark or any of our technical staff? Contact us and we will get back to you quickly.
Contact us, visit the Synergis website or subscribe to our blog.