Tags3d design 3d modeling akn_include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design data management design digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM PLM 360 Revit scanning simulation software Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Ready to Take the Next Step?
April 2, 2014
AutoCAD® Design Suite software delivers AutoCAD® software, plus an extended design toolset that includes AutoCAD® Raster Design software and visual communication solutions. Drive your products from concept to completion with comprehensive documentation tools. Capture existing design data and create DWG™ files with raster-to-vector conversion tools. Transform your designs into 3D presentations with illustrated drawings and immersive renderings. Share your designs with confidence using TrustedDWG™ technology, the original and most accurate way to store and exchange design data.
The 2015 release brings new and updated features. Please see What’s New in AutoCAD for details on the updates to AutoCAD 2015 alone. Below are some of the enhancements to the other products in the Suite.
AutoCAD Design Suite: Standard Edition
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Raster Design 2015:
Convert raster to vector with powerful tools that help you create higher-quality drawings while using standard AutoCAD commands. AutoCAD® Raster Design 2015 helps you to:
- Save time using image display features that help you embed, insert and export images, and display image subsets with a polygonal mask boundary.
- Improve image quality with editing and cleanup tools that help you despeckle, bias, mirror, and touchup scanned design information.
- Easily erase raster images, lines, arcs, and circles using standard AutoCAD commands on raster regions and primitives with raster entity manipulation (REM).
- Create lines and polylines from raster images with vectorization tools.
- Incorporate geospatial raster data with image transformation functionality. Display and analyse geo-referenced images when the software is used with AutoCAD®, Civil 3D® and AutoCAD® Map 3D software.
Autodesk® Showcase 2015
Autodesk Showcase allows you to share your design intent, not just lines on a drawing. See how Showcase can improve your design process in the video below.
Autodesk Mudbox has had several enhancements made to make the value of the suite, even sweeter. Some of the new and updated features include:
- Sculpt Paint Layer Groups
- Caliper Tool
- Symmetry Options
- Support for Intel HD graphics 4000
AutoCAD Design Suite: Premium Edition
All of the previous solutions in the Standard , plus:
Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design 2015:
This year 3ds Max Design has so many additions to the features, we just want to name a few:
- Scripting to Python tools
- Modeling tools: Placement Tool, Quad Chamfer, Point Cloud
- Character animation tool to populate
- ShaderFX Editor
- ActiveShade Improvements
To see all the details, read the details in “What’s New in Autodesk 3ds Max?” posted by the AREA, the site for Autodesk visualization and animation.
AutoCAD Design Suite: Ultimate Edition
All of the solutions in Standard and Premium, plus:
Alias® Design 2015
Improve productivity and exercise more creative control with new features that help streamline workflows and enhance design capabilities. Alias® Design 2015 industrial design software allows you to:
- Save time when modelling objects with repetitive elements like grills, speakers, wheels, and more with a new array tool that creates an array of objects (linearly or radially) from duplicates of an original set.
- Increase efficiency by eliminating repetitive design tasks like spacing and copying objects with a new path array tool that duplicates objects and places them at equal distances along one or more curves, producing a “stitching pattern” effect.
- Enjoy a more intuitive interface with new enhancements to preferences and workspaces that help with organization of windows, settings for tool and marking shelves, and more.
As you can see each year the offerings are getting more intuitive and flexible, so that you can design fluidly and efficiently.
Autodesk Subscription Value
Autodesk is increasing the value of the Subscription by offering three types of offerings: Desktop Subscription, Maintenance Subscription, and Cloud Services Subscription. Read more about the changes in Autodesk Subscription in our post, “What’s New in Autodesk Subscription 2015?”
If you have any questions about the 2015 solutions, contact us by phone (800.836.5440) or email.
Contact us, visit the Synergis website or subscribe to our blog.