Tags3d design 3d modeling akn_include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design data management design digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM PLM 360 Revit scanning simulation software Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Ready to Take the Next Step?
April 2, 2014
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2015 civil engineering software supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows by extending the value of the model. With a focus on optimizing transportation design workflows, Civil 3D 2015 offers improved usability and greater efficiency during corridor modeling, profile layout and production drafting. Additionally, project teams can help improve collaboration with the ability to open and edit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 and 2013 software.
Corridor modeling enhancements
Experience greater flexibility when designing and displaying corridor models.
- Corridor frequency (target and baseline)
- Corridor sampling improvements
- Retain corridor targets when substituting a subassembly
Profile layout enhancements
Experience greater efficiency when creating profiles.
- Extend curves and tangents to profile extents
- Create Free curve using Pass Through point
- Change Parameter Constraint (selected curve)
- New “Profile Locking” controls and display notifications for impacted Vertical Alignment entities if Horizontal Alignment changes
Production drafting enhancements
Create production deliverables more efficiently.
- Re-associate various Surface and Alignment labels to different Civil 3D source objects
- Stagger “Corridor Point” section labels
Work more efficiently on daily tasks.
- Improved consistency between the AutoCAD Civil 3D and AutoCAD ribbon / command set.
- Improved graphics, enhanced visual feedback and object selection.
Build custom subassemblies more easily. Improvements include support for “Voids” in shapes, Axis of Rotation, and Rail Cant.
- Geographic Location (Online Map Data)
- Geographic Location functionality is significantly streamlined and enhanced including a new capability to capture and embed Online Map Data (e.g., aerial map information) for offline viewing and plotting.
Improved performance and more flexibility when working with point cloud files.
- Interoperability and Data Exchange
- Help improve collaboration with new and enhanced functionality.
- Enhanced export capabilities for DWG™ and DGN
- Export Civil 3D model elements (corridor models, surfaces, alignments/profiles, and gravity and pressure pipes) and 3D solid AutoCAD modeling objects to Keyhole Markup Language (KML).
- Open and edit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 and 2013 software.
Storm & Sanitary Analysis Module
If you use the Storm and Sanitary Module, there is a Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis whitepaper created incorporating all the features of the 2015 software. Read the 2015 whitepaper here.
AutoCAD Civil 3D is available in both the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite (Premium and Ultimate Editions).
Autodesk Subscription Value
Autodesk is increasing the value of the Subscription by offering three types of offerings: Desktop Subscription, Maintenance Subscription, and Cloud Services Subscription. Read more about the changes in Autodesk Subscription in our post, “What’s New in Autodesk Subscription 2015?”
If you have questions about Civil 3D, please contact us by phone (800.836.5440) or email.
Contact us, visit the Synergis website or subscribe to our blog.