Tags3d design 3d modeling akn-include autocad autocad electrical AutoCAD tips Autodesk autodesk 2015 autodesk event Autodesk Inventor autodesk revit autodesk subscription autodesk training autodesk vault BIM BIM 360 BIM Building Information Modeling building design building information modeling civil 3d civil design Construction data management digital prototyping engineering design fusion 360 how to infrastructure design inventor inventor tips manufacturing manufacturing design new features PLM PLM 360 Revit scanning simulation software Synergis University technology tips training Vault what's new
Most Popular Posts
Ready to Take the Next Step?
January 29, 2013
Januray 29, 2013, post by Nikki Szymanski:
As I go onsite to different clients, I come accross some tricks that not everyone uses, but could save you a lot of time. Here’s five that I often give to the firms I visit:
1. Extract Contours from a Surface: Use extract objects for surface.
Surface>Utilities> Extract objects for surface.
2. Remove break lines or points from a surface:
Surface properties>Definition tab> under operation type, remove from definition.
3. Leave your re-build automatic turned off. Then when you edit your surface you may re-build yourself so you may see the updates.
4. Always check your data: You will be able to see your elevations by checking the minimum elevation and the maximum elevation to make sure you don’t have a bust in your surface.
Surface properties>Statistics tab.
5. Simplify your surface: Eliminate some points to make your surface file more manageable.
Surface>Edit surface> Simplify surface. You can remove points, select a region and select the percentage of points to remove.
I hope these simple tricks help you be more productive. If you have any questions on features to improve your workflow, contact us and let us know.